Wednesday, October 3, 2007

AM~Erica Hears a Child's Prayer



So anyway...

When my older son, Ethan, was about 3 or 4(he is almost 10 now), he was learning how to begin praying on his own - like a big boy. I would still offer up help if he wanted it, but I would let him decide if he wanted me to help, or if he wanted to do it all by himself.

This night, he offered to do it on his own, so I stood close by to listen to him, and this is what I heard"

" Dear God,

Thank you for everything I have... (awww...melts a mommy's heart)

...but I still need more stuff!"

WHAT?!?

I love my son, and I want to teach him that he can pray however he needs to, but how do you hear that last line & not laugh? I think I snickered, but controlled it.

Ah...out of the mouths of babes...

Stay tuned for more good ones!

God Bless, AM~Erica

1 comment :

  1. wait a minute! i think that is the prayer my kids have said. especially before christmas!

    ReplyDelete