Wednesday, September 12, 2012

AM~Erica Continues to Make a Statement

So anyway...

How did we all do on Monday raising Suicide Awareness? Did you wear yellow? Have you written "LOVE" on your wrist? I know that several of you have. I will be making a wrist montage to share soon. Thank you to all who sent your support & shared with me.

But here's a reminder: The week isn't over. This is SUICIDE AWARENESS WEEK. Even though Monday was Suicide Prevention Awareness Day, it needs to keep going. I have been writing "LOVE" on my wrist everyday. And I got thinking...I need to wear a shirt. We must stay loud & get louder with the awareness...so I made 2 shirts. Let me share with you my step-by-step process.

1. Here's my inspiration:


2. I purchased 2 yellow tshirts (just because they were perfect & on clearance):



3. I got out fabric paint (black & red...like the writing on my wrist), a pencil, paint sponge & paper towel.




4. I begin by figuring where I want my design on the shirt & then pencil it on.



5. Then begin tracing with the fabric paint then smudge with the paint sponge. I suggest focusing on 1 letter at a time:



6. Then use the 2nd color & smudge, like step 5.



7. Once done, let dry.



8. Then toss in the dryer on high for about 20-30 minutes to let the paint set better

* NO PIC FROM INSIDE DRYER *

9. Then wear to support the cause.




Always remember that you are worth something. Fox 4 in KC lost Don Harmon in November 2011 to suicide. They now have a depression campaign called "You Matter." I think it's very important.

So the rest of this week, please keep showing your support. From someone who's suicide attempt failed, there is more to live for. Really.

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment