Thursday, September 10, 2015

World Suicide Prevention Day & AM~Erica Still Struggles

So anyway...

Only if you are very new to at least a glimpse of my world, or you choose to not to pay attention, would you NOT know about my advocacy, maybe.

Today is September 10th, which is World Suicide Prevention Day. Today we continue raise awareness about the epidemic of those who take their lives due to the fatal symptom of suicide that can come with most mental illnesses. Plus with the amount of types of bullying that attempts to drag down another human being, it can lead to the feeling of self worthlessness, and can lead to the same outcome.

Today I make my yearly plea (because I usually post on this day, for sure, each year) to break the stigma around suicide. Let's talk about this.

Recently, I made sure to just talk about it (HERE). It's a part of my drive to make sure what has happened to/with me is known and very real. I'm also not the only one who deals with this. Even though it can feel very lonely.

I am usually ready to jump on National Suicide Prevention Week. Blogs, stats, quotes, sites, tips, etc...but I haven't done as well this week. As I was trying to keep stuff out there, I have been struggling this week. That empty sadness settled in, and I was having issues just functioning. And it does lead to not even wanting to talk about what you are struggling with...during a week we need to be talking about it!

With that said, I want to apologize for not being more forthright with info this week, but hope you understand at the same time.

I'll be OK. And here to tell you that you are not alone.

Do you remember last year when I did the Out of the Darkness memory walk with Team SOLOS? (reminder HERE) Well I'm doing it again. If you would look to help out & give to the cause, let's get funds raised so it can go to help go toward resources, research & awareness to lead to abolishing suicide! Wouldn't it be wonderful to see this in our lifetime? You can help me out by clicking the photo, below.

Click this photo for my AFSP Out of the Darkness
fundraising page & story.


In the meantime, please be sure to check out my collection of blogs about my own struggles, failed attempt, and other info, HERE.

And thank you for hanging with me. I am a bit out of sorts it seems today. But I wanted to try to continue to get any info I can out there about suicide as I do my best to keep the awareness up. I will try to do better in the future. Because I plan on there being a future.

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment