Wednesday, February 29, 2012

AM~Erica Gets in a Goofy Discussion on Leap Year

So anyway...

Today is one that comes around only once every 4 years...kind of like a comet, in it's own right. But it was actually put on the calendar to help balance time. Since there is supposedly 365 & a quarter days every year, well, every 4 years would make a whole extra day (or something)to even out everything in the "space/time continuum". Right?

As I see it...it's kind of like trying to make everyone happy to try to keep balance, but you are actually screwing things up more by trying to make everyone happy. It has actually screwed with time AND people's lives...you know...like BIRTHDAYS! So happy quadrilineal birthday to everyone born on February 29th!

Well, with it being a "special" day, my hubby & I figured that Google would have some kind of special homepage today. Frogs...really cute frogs for Leap Day.

When my teenage son heard us talking about the Google page, he asked what would be used to illustrate Leap Day/Year. I asked him to think about it. He brought up a rabbit. That's a really good guess...but wrong. So we had him guess again. This time he came up with a frog. *DING-DING-DING* We have a winner! Then...this is how the next part of the conversation went:

Son: "Moo. I'm a frog."

Me: Oh, so you're a bullfrog?


HAHAHAHAHA!!! My son & my hubby just stared at me in shock. I told 'em it was a good one. They did agree.

Can you tell the coffee is kicking in early this morning? Watch out today, world! I'm comin' for ya!

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment