Friday, July 6, 2012

AM~Erica Returns From a Geek-Girl Family Outing

So anyway...

I am back! OK...so I wasn't gone very long. I was gone with my family for a day & a half. But it was to do something that many geeks out there would drool over doing...

Wanna know what it is?

Well? Do ya?

DO YA???

We went to Wichita, KS! Oh yes we did. Oh you're not impressed yet? Why not? I guess you want more info, I guess. Am I right? OK, here goes...

Yesterday my family went to somewhere so amazingly geekalicious...my heart is still palpitating thinking about it. I was even lost in thought about it on the drive back home today.

People out there...I got to see...props, costumes & set ups from one of the most beloved geek followings out there...

STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!



We entered these gates to such an amazing display, I am so glad I didn't faint. There were Wookies:

(Teen Girl, Lil Guy & Teen Boy in front of the Wookie display)

Which led to coming up on...the one & only...Chewbacca & Han Solo costumes!!!!!!


Are you dying right now like I was??

But wait...
THERE'S MORE!



There was the Princess Leia costume from early in Episode IV: New Hope, 



plus...
R2-D2 & C-3PO!!!!!




(Teen Girl with Leia costume, R2-D2 & C-3P0)

And it doesn't stop there, people! 

We saw Yoda:


(me with Yoda & training orb)

He was camped out with Mace Windu's costume!



There was also costumes from Anakin (big & little), Obi Wan Kenobi, and a Jawa:


(Anakin & Obi Wan costumes)
(Young Anakin costume)
(Jawa costume)


We also got to encounter a Storm Trooper, folks:

(Teen Boy & Hubby with Storm Trooper while Lil Guy figures out pix on his iPod)

And...the king daddy of the Dark Side! The Emperor? Nope...bigger & more amazing:


(Me with the one & only Darth Vader)

I also want to point out that we got to get pretty close to the iconic light sabers, too!


(Light sabers - including Obi Wan's - and some phasers)

And we got to see some of the ship props, too! 


(Millennium Falcon prop)
(X-Wing Fighter prop)
(Tie Fighter prop)

Then, to top it off, for a small extra price, we got to take in the Millennium Falcon Experience. You sit on the "bridge" of the ship while taking in about 7 minutes of Anthony Daniels (aka - C-3P0's voice) narrating where science has made strides in the universe. I'm not gonna lie...I fan-girl cried when his voice came on the speakers. Teen Girl questioned me on it. D'oh! But I couldn't help it! C-3P0's voice was surrounding me! On the Millennium Falcon!! So. Amazing.


(A pic snapped of us hitting warp speed in the cockpit)
Check it out! X-Wing fighters guiding us back "home"!)

People...this barely covers stuff there. There is SO MUCH MORE!!! It is a traveling exhibit & is at the Wichita Exploration Place until the beginning of September.  The kids loved it; hubby loved it; I LOVED IT!!! And, if you notice, the boys wore Star Wars shirts for the outing.

But you can't visit Wichita without having this particular delicacy. You must find a way to try this little pizzaria that originated there. It's this little company called "Pizza Hut". Yes, it began in Wichita. We forgot to drive by the original little hut that is now located on the Wichita State University campus, but we did eat at the ONLY Pizza Hut in Wichita that offers dine-in options. As we ate there, there was this fabulous piece of decor in the restaurant:



What a great trip! We wanted to top it off with a visit to the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson, but we needed to save our money for another trip we having coming soon. I will get lots of coffee & get even more geekdom on! WOOT!

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment