Saturday, July 14, 2012

AM~Erica Thinks You Are Being Awfully Presumptuous

So anyway...

Today I'm fighting a migraine. It's been brought on by a whole lot of stress at once & knowing more is coming to get prepped for. I am feeling better over all...but not in the best of moods. So I'm gonna spend some energy & get on my soapbox for a moment.

The answer is, "YES." We do have a new member of the family that arrived yesterday. I touched on this a few months back & I talked about the use of the "G-Word" at that point.

I'm going to throw out some harsh honesty. Again, probably won't be popular, but I'm throwing that to the wind right now.

Yes, I posted a pic on Facebook...but that doesn't give anyone a right to start throwing terms around. Ever. Guess what...it's not up to you! Did you know that? Even if you grew up using certain terms/names, or are using them now...it doesn't mean they translate. Period.

I also said that any use of any variation of the G-word would result in the feeding of your comment as a sacrifice to Facebook. Ring a bell?

Back off with the G-word or any variation of. ANY variation. Shame on you!

It's not funny.

It's not cute.

It's not sweet.

It's not personable.

STOP IT!!

If you want to say congrats, then whatever. It doesn't really go to us. We didn't do the work. DUH! Been thru that years ago & that factory is closed.

Just like every pregnancy is different with every kid...every family dynamic is different too. They are not all like yours!!

For those of you already in that position, fine. Don't necessarily tell me how it's gonna be. It's different for every family. So...stop it. Don't give out your advice unless you're asked for it. It's fine to say you enjoy it...but that's all you get.

I know I sound grumpy. I am. I'm stressed with a whole lot right now. I'm not feeling good...and I have people trying to slap me in the face with nicknames.

We will figure out how they come about. Period.

I know this post is not the most positive. I appreciate the well intentions, but turn on filters. It's called common sense.

WHEW! OK, I'm done for now. And I am still "Erica." Deal with that. Got it? Good.

Oh...and the little one is cute as we can tell from pics. Thank you.

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment