Monday, November 10, 2014

AM~Erica Gives a Really Dumb Gift

So anyway...

Today is a special day. Very special!

Today is the 44th anniversary of my soul mate's entrance to the Earth.

Yes...it's the birthday of the one who was made just for me. My hubby!

Now then, I'm always trying to surprise my hubby with a gift for each of these holidays (i.e., birthday, Christmas, anniversary)...but something usually seems to get screwed up. I can probably count on 1 hand, even with fingers left over, how many times I've actually surprised him. But do still try.

My sons wanted to get their dad a KC Royals postseason t-shirt. I screwed some of that up. I'm pretty slick like that.
(What...me text my son's opinion on a shirt in a group text? What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?)

Never fear...we did find a different shirt, and it was on point with what my hubby was kind of looking for. WHEW!! Glad it ended up working out!!

But I was trying to figure out what I was going to do. It was tricky...but there was an event coming up just a few days after my hubby's birthday that I was dead-set on getting us a part of!

So, I began planning...
First, I needed to see if I could work timing...
Then, I needed to see about getting us dressed appropriately...
Next, I had to purchase tickets to the event...
After that, I had to figure out how to make a crazy-big deal out of it...
Finally, I had to figure out how to package it up for presentation...

And then it came time! I couldn't wait!!

I presented my hubby with this:


Yep! What sweet, sappy, special gift would a loving wife give her hubby on his birthday? Why a 'Dumb and Dumber To' date! If you remember, I was hoping to BE A PART OF THE MOVIE since we spent part of our 1st date seeing 'Dumb and Dumber'. But since we couldn't get to be a PART of the movie...we would still be seeing it on opening weekend. Of course!

Heck...for 2 years in a row, we have taken our pic in a special spot in Breckenridge to COMMEMORATE OUR FIRST DATE!


My hubby & I channeling Harry & Lloyd's tux colors as we stand in the filming spot
for a second year in a row. Also, my socks are channeling Batman & Robin.

And you know what? My hubby was SO excited about the gift of our upcoming date!!

Yeah...we are wearing the shirts AND taking the sign! BOOM!

He'll be channeling Lloyd Christmas (fitting with his dark hair & Lloyd's last name being "Christmas"), and I'll be channeling..uh...everyone who's left bearing the color of Ellen [DeGeneres].

OK...are we expecting it to be a good movie. Not really...it's not going to be a deep & intellectual epic cinematic piece of art...but...it is perfect for our relationship. And that's what makes it all worth it!

Maybe the best dumb gift I could probably give...let's see how the date goes with MY PRINCE CHARMING this weekend!

Oh...and I did surprise him! Uh...I think...

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment