Thursday, October 17, 2013

AM~Erica Should Probably Take it as a Sign

So anyway...

For quite some time, I have heard about & caught some posts from a fabulous writer/blogger/humorist, Snarky in the Suburbs. And because several of my friends & online friends sharing so many of her things, I thought I was actually following her. When another face-to-face friend brought Snarky up to me, I wanted to make sure I was actually following her...and I wasn't. I was, inadvertently, following her vicariously thru others. D'oh!

Well, I am officially following her now. And you should check out her stuff & see if you'd like to follow her, too. (click for blog HERE; click for Facebook page HERE)

Now then, the other day, Snarky shared a blog post that contained a guest blogger. It was from an angry health-nut, hippy-commune-needing mom who is looking to ruin every child's Halloween & how Halloween celebrating moms/parents are actually child killers.

No. Really. You can read it right HERE.

Now then, I realize it was probably written in over-dramatic satire. But I did comment on the post in hopes that Snarky would just give me a virtual cinnabon.

But, I want to get to my point. In my comment, I brought up making pumpkin hummus. I said it just to prove a point. I'm not really a hummus eater, but just because it's not really around...I'd probably be the only who really ate it in my house, anyway.

Then, as I was browsing Pinterest...imagine my shock when I came across this staring at me today:

Savory Pumpkin Hummus
Click the pic, above, to take you to the pin & eventually to the recipe


Yeah...that's right. Pumpkin hummus, which I'd never heard of before & thought it was something created in my head, and here it slapped me in the face!

*sigh* It's fall. And autumn is my favorite time of year! With THE COLORS, with it being FOOTBALL SEASON, and it's time for MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY. So I guess I might have to work getting this hummus working. Amm-i-rite? It's a total sign. Amm-i-rite?

I'll make it while I'm chowing on the candy that's supposed to be for Halloween...and finding one of those cinnabons from Snarky.

And I'll also be going thru a bag of baby carrots to dip into the pumpkin hummus...

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment