Friday, November 9, 2012

AM~Erica is Part of the Enchanted Forest


So anyway...

Do you know what is going on RIGHT NOW? If you said "Insane Holiday Shopping," you would be correct, but not the answer I'm looking for. If you said "Marillac's Enchanted Forest," then you would be exactly right! *DING, DING* You win a Whizzo Button! (old school reference, people)

Now the question becomes whether or not you've been able to visit. Well, those in the Kansas City area, anyway. So...have you? If you read my PREVIOUS POST, then all of the information is there.

Last night was the reception for the decorators. Even though our cute little tree didn't win anything...there was something exciting that happened while we were there...

OUR TREE GOT A BID!!

That moment was better than getting a ribbon put on a tree. Plus, I got to kind of dress up, spend time doing what my mom & I have done for years, and have the productive outcome of 3 generations working together.

Three generations worked together to make this Holiday Spectacle...tree...*ahem*

For the 1st time in 20 years (18 of them plotting a tree of some sort), OUR names appeared on a tree in a display that we have visited for so long. Plus, Teen Girl didn't know I had her name added to the sign. So I surprised her with it.

Let me show you some close ups of the tree on display. It still looks better in person, though...

 Our cute little tree...WITH OUR NAMES ON IT!!

 Close up of eyeglasses neck holder garland, sunglasses, and clear ornaments

 Giant eyeglass tree topper

 Clear ornaments containing eyeglass cleaning cloths & a bit of the amazing tree skirt

 See? "Eye"sicles. *snort* Get it? See what we did there?

 "Flowers" & clear ornaments: made or containing cleaning cloths

 Just me with the tree

Mom & Teen Girl with the tree

It was a lot of fun to hang out with the Marillac staff and other decorators. Plus...I got to enjoy some free mosacto spirits while getting into the Christmas spirit. Yeah...it was working pretty well.

I am stoked to do at least one more tree next year. We got to talk to the new Chick-in-Charge (that one's for you, Cassandra) about the set up, the organization & what may be in store next year. I really like this lady's vision. She was fantastic to talk to! And, for the first time, we really got to UNDERSTAND the fundraiser.

What a fabulous girls'-night-out with Teen Girl & Mom last night. And, there are probably about 50 trees & about the same number of wreaths. The display is spectacular. I am, also, loving the evolving tradition.

I highly recommend you see it in person. Really.

Click the banner, above, for more information on the Marillac Enchanted Forest

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment