Monday, November 12, 2012

Back to the 50's With You, AM~Erica


So anyway...

If you are not aware, things changed in our household recently. There is a whole bunch of us here! I mean, we already had a lot of kiddos (or so it seems with 3 at home), but we have gained some additional bodies temporarily.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with the recent elections & how people feel/felt about a particular candidate...but instead it's about the reality in our house right now. And. Just. Wow. Because I'm modern gal who is all about moving things forward & girl power stuffs & equality stuffs...just...sometimes...

OK...I have never been a June Cleaver type chic, and have totally prided myself in that. But in the last very few years, I've been scaring myself. And? It has family almost laughing AT me in bewilderment. OK...they really are laughing. I've been baking, cooking (see the whole "finding new menu dishes" thing in LAST NIGHT'S POST), and asking for kitchen appliances as gift ideas. What is wrong with me??? And I do stay home right now. So that probably doesn't help matters at all with this particular situation reputation. But it is good with the overall running of the house...for us.

However, I do have very modern conveniences I can use to help out, but still. It's weird.

Now, I'm not full-out, hardcore 50's housewife. I can fake my way thru a lot of it. And I have found Pinterest & Cozi on the interwebs to help me out, too. Oh...and a microwave. *snort*

I already felt like I was running around like crazy & dodging peeps within the walls of my household. Then...they moved in with us due to life circumstances: stepdaughter, her man & their itty-bitty.

I am not kidding when I say there's a lot of people to dodge around here. Twice yesterday, the subject came up as several of us couldn't get around each other in the same room. Don't get me wrong, we have a roomy house! We are very blessed & thankful to be in it...it's just interesting when a couple more adults are added to 2 adults (relative term), 2 teens & a kid already here. Add a baby to the mix & there is chaos!

Back to my point...
With the chaos happening, everything builds up & gets behind quickly. All of a sudden, dishes need to be done twice a day, the cooking & meal set up takes much longer, the laundry schedule is crazy, people want more baking done...WHEW!!

This is how it's starting to feel 

OK...I do NOT iron, but this is how I end up feeling by day's end

I can get a sense for how it was for the housewives of the 50's. I have a crazy appreciation for what you all did. I'm still not sure exactly how you did AND looked fabulous. For me, this is what it is:



Well, I am happy we are in a place that we can help out family. But I guess I should go get one of my aprons & spend some time in the kitchen...
Wat'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis? I am NOT like June Cleaver!

*face palm*

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica


No comments :

Post a Comment