Sunday, November 11, 2012

AM~Erica Should be a Bear


So anyway...

I need to be a bear. Trust me & let me explain...

I'm not sure if you know...but we are quickly approaching the middle of November.

Where has this year gone?? And, with it being November, it's bringing on some very different & transitional things...

I've talked about it PREVIOUSLY IN A POST about decorating a Christmas tree right after Halloween. We jump right from October straight to December. However, we get some serious transition during this month.

Besides just the stores & commercials showing winter holiday stuff, the coats, scarves, gloves, hats, boots, sweaters, etc. are out in the fullest of forces. I love it! Except I'm not fond of "too cold." I love, Love, LOVE weather with lows in the 40's, highs in the 50's & 60's. Anything lower than that? BURRRRRRRRRRR!!! Too. Cold. For. Me.

Yesterday, here in KC, the highs were in the 70's, people...like, almost 80 degrees. That's so not right! But...only in the midwest...can the temp change so fast, it can make your head spin & throw your body into shock! There's a saying around here: "If you don't like the weather, hang on for 5 minutes..."
Because it's true.
And, with that said...today started out in the 60's early this morning. It rained & rained (that's good...we needed it because of the drought & Sandy wasn't in the mood to help out ISAAC around here), and the temps dropped so fast! By the time it was around 10 AM, it was in the 30's. Seriously. When we left church just after noon, there was sleet & ice on the windows. Seriously.

With temps that can be that low, it also calls for some different foods coming our way, too. And it's bracing for holiday foods coming our way, too.

Lately, we have been eating some new & different comfort foods. It's nice to change up menu stuff...but I'm already starting to feel it.

I'm putting on my layers: sweaters, scarves, jeans, tights, sweatshirts...fat layers...*face palm*

Maybe I should be like a bear. OK...sometimes my hubby (and other family members) might already agree with that...all year round...but if I'm putting on my fat layers, my fur substitute, shaving less, this should mean I can hibernate more now, right? RIGHT??

There is something that's been floating around on the interwebs for years about how I wish I was a bear:


If you're a bear, you get to hibernate.
You do nothing but sleep for six months.
I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself into a stupor.
I could deal with that, too.
If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business.
You swat anyone who bothers your cubs.
If your cubs get out of line, you swat them, too. 
Your husband expects you to growl when you wake up. 
He expects you to have hairy legs and excess body fat. 
I wish I was a bear.

With all of the stuff we've been doing, eating & experiencing lately...I'm on the right track!

* Eating yourself into a stupor? CHECK!

* Swatting others who mess with my kiddos? I wish, but I've come close...year round...

* Swatting my kiddos when they are out of line? If I gotta...CHECK!

* Growling when I wake up? CHECK! Hubby expects it? Probably...but not a good thing...

* Hairy legs? OK...sometimes CHECK! But hubby isn't impressed with my "stabbin' stubblies"...

* Excess body fat? I'm apparently working on it. I'm eating a lot of substancy food stuffs. Hubby impressed? With the food, not the fat. D'oh!

* Hibernation? I so wish... With the changing of seasons, the more the kiddos are involved with & I gotta be the mommy taxi. So...this one shall remain a wish.

So I will give you my warning: every time something I wear or consume becomes thicker...I am that much closer to becoming a bear!

You've been warned. I guess I need a really, Really, REALLY long nap! Happy Holidays... (a girl can dream, right?)



Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment