Sunday, December 30, 2012

AM~Erica Sacrifices One for the Boys

So anyway...

After enjoying a beautiful & relaxing day at the beach, we headed back into Tacoma. My stepdaughter's boyfriend is stationed at Fort Lewis, in Washington (state), momentarily...so he wanted to take the boys over to the base to show them around.

Not really my thing, but I wanted to see how the boys would be. It wasn't Teen Girl's thing, either...but she certainly was not about to be left out! So...off we went...

After an ID & clearance process (yes, they let me in), we continued on into the base. However we had to go in two cars due to lack of space & larger numbers. All the boys rode together except for hubby, who drove Teen Girl & I behind the boys.

I didn't take a lot of pics on the base. I felt weird about it. But I did grab a pic of this amazing monument that stands in front of a grouping of houses that Generals live in.



If you can tell...it has something to do with WWI. I figure we might try to figure out a connection one of these days when we make our way over to visit the Liberty Memorial.

We also walked by Cadet Park where there were 3 cannons that the kids went to see up close.



And then, not too far from this set up, there was a golden cannon!



And since we discovered the Golden Cannon...the boys decided to pose with it...
(they were entertaining the traffic passing by...I'm sure you can imagine)

The boys did get to see some tanks & helicopters, too.


(got a pic of a hovering Chinook...pretty cool)

Later that evening, on the way back to the hotel, we even saw a large plane fly over head that we think might have been a C130. If this is wrong, please let me know...but here's the underside from our windshield:



But before we got to see this last aircraft, we went to dinner.

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment