Thursday, March 8, 2012

Celebrate the Weird Stuff With AM~Erica

So anyway...

I love celebrating holidays. All of them...even weird ones.

If you have been paying attention, you would know that I've already kicked off March with one weird celebrated holiday. March is FULL of weird holidays & there are several in a very short amount of time.

Coming up this next week will be 3 weird-but-fun days in a four-day span.

1. Pi Day (3/14) - the ultimate math day/nerd day. Eat pie. We plan on having pizza. You can take it further (we just might one day) by having a nerd party. Serve pizza & mini pies. How about quiche for breakfast? Moon pies &/or oatmeal cream pies for dessert or snack? My daughter & I discussed that the ultimate Pi Day will be on 3/14/15. hehe

2. Ides of March (3/15) - BEWARE! Too bad no one warned Julius Caesar to do that on the 15th, but it is what it is & it's history. For dinner, we will be having a chicken Caesar salad with bacon wrapped, herb stuffed figs, some dates, sliced apples, crackers, cheese & grapes. It's going to be a great feast. Have some vino. You can also enjoy an Orange Julius. If you're feeling really adventurous...wrap up in sheets as togas. TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! But don't ambush & stab anyone. That's not celebrating.

3. St. Patrick's Day (3/17) - Erin Go Braugh! It's said that everyone is Irish on this day...and I had an Irishman tell me once that every Irishman is born on 3/17. HA!! Potatoes & beer...right? Parades & wearing green? Remember...green is for Catholics & orange is for Protestant. Seriously. But I usually play it safe & sport both colors. I have Irish in me...so I will find all kinds of ways to celebrate. From what I wear to what I eat. Whether it's cheesy or authentic...I find all kinds of ways to work it in. I'm going to maybe actually be on the ball & make my Irish inspired things that I dropped the ball on last year...and then some! I'll let you know how it goes.

So...now that I have you thinking about these crazy days...how are you gonna celebrate? Are you? Will you?

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment