Monday, June 4, 2012

AM~Erica, Sock it to Me!

So anyway...

Yep, another one of those days when I needed to post twice. And this one doesn't even go with my earlier post today. But, trust me...

First thing you need to know is that there has been a general consensus from many-a-folk that I was probably born too late. Like WAY too late! I should've been spending late teens/early-to-mid 20's in the 60's. Totally Mod 60's! Mid-60's to early 70's! I would've totally been groovin'! But since I wasn't, I can still celebrate it for sure. I love all things 60's. Fashion, music, icons, patterns, shows...I think it's all groovy! Have you paid attention to my new digs? Now that you know this, I will go on to my story. But remember this point; it's important!

Another important point is that I hate feet. Baby feet are adorable & fine...but once you hit the age of 2, all bets are off! I want to vomit! That's part of why I like shoes & toenail polish...anything to pretty up those nasty body stands. Once again, also important to my story.

So what do the 60's & nasty feet have to do with my evening? Read on...

Tonight was a typical-type night at our house: lil guy wanting to play cards. Not poker or anything...he wants to play Uno! Since hubby had a meeting, I played a few rounds with Teen Boy & Lil guy. And since the boys still have clumsy fingers & I can shuffle the deck like a dealer at a table (that's a joke, people...but I keep shufflin'), I started to shuffle the deck for one of the boys. Then...lil guy thinks he's being super cute by "accidentally" bumping his toes on me. ICK!!!! So I ask him nicely (I swear) to please stop putting his toes on me. He laughs...evily. Teen Boy always gets a kick out of being annoying & enjoys trying to join in on any annoying situation. It's annoying. He laughs...evily. He tries to put his feet on me, but I stop him with my mommy words! So he tries to find a loophole in that he is wearing socks...

This brings 2 things:

1. The socks are still involved in the whole foot thing. So...no.

2. This brings a song to my head...and I must...start...singing...

OK, another thing you need to know about me is the fact that I will start singing a song if you say something that makes me think of a song to sing. It happens so often that hubby & Teen Girl have picked up the habit. My legacy must carry on somehow...

So, I begin to sing,"...SOCK-IT-TO-ME, SOCK-IT-TO-ME, SOCK-IT-TO-ME, SOCK-IT-TO-ME..."

And I can't stop. I have to sing more of the song! "You're kisses, sweeter than honey!" Teen Boy is not amused & is begging me to stop singing. But I can't stop...and he asks me to stop singing that (brace yourselves, people) "horrible song"! *GASP* wha-WHA?????

I have Laugh-In scenes going thru my head! I hear Aretha belting out needing respect! And I've got Teen Boy dogging the song.

Teen Boy: Stop singing that horrible & stupid song! It sounds really old! Is it like from the 80's or something?

Me: Excuse me?? That song is called "Respect" from the one & only Aretha Franklin. And it's from the 60's. It's a classic.

Teen Boy: Yeah...I thought it was really old. And it's still one of the stupidest songs I've heard.

Me: *GASP* WHAT???? Did you just say the 80's are "really old"???

Teen Boy: Uh...yeah.

Me: *sings* "R-E-S-P-E-C-T! I'll tell ya what it MEANS to me! R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Take care: TCB! Oh! SOCK-IT-TO-ME, SOCK-IT-TO-ME, SOCK-IT-TO-ME..."

*sigh* Where have I gone wrong? Now I am worried about the music tastes of some of this up & coming generation.

I might go cry now.

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment