Wednesday, May 2, 2012

AM~Erica is Eyeing Swimsuit Season

So anyway...

We have officially entered May. Where does the time go? 2012 is slipping away quite quickly!

But, no matter what, there is an explosion of swimwear everywhere once May hits. There's always a little bit in December thru February (yuck) for those going on spring break, but it's the approaching hot weather that makes us want to wear much less & jump into some kind of body of water.

However, I always find this swimsuit finding a challenge. I'm like so many other women who dread it. But it's not for the same reasons necessarily.

If you haven't picked up on it by now, I am SUPER fair skinned. I fry...easily. So, on top of swimwear, I have to find mega sunscreen, too. And for the "experts" who say that going over a 30 or 45 SPF does no good, you have tested the WRONG people!! That low of an SPF is just a marinade for my skin. I'm not kidding. I have found that Walgreen's 90+ SPF is fantastic for me. It's OK...I hear you laughing out of shock, but it's true. So, so true. I always look for swimwear that covers more so it is less likely for sunscreen to be my marinade.

Also, I am modest. I love me some fashion. Many of you know that. But, if you truly pay attention, I have this philosophy that you can look great AND not have to have everything hanging out. So, again, the more covered...the better.

I have told people in the past what my dream swimsuit would be. I think some might think I'm joking, but I'm not. Here is an example of my dream swimsuit:


Nice, right? I think so! I can be covered, so less sunscreen (much, much less) AND my modesty is taken care of.

Until then...I will be wearing my 2-piece tankini with boy shorts. Because it covers more than most 1-piece swimsuits now.

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment