Sunday, January 27, 2013

AM~Erica is Kickin' This Crud Where it Counts

So anyway...

I'm still fighting this stuff. Though I'm not as QUARANTINED AS I WAS, I'm still keeping my distance the best I can...and trying to take it easy...while fighting this stuff as hard as I can!

Of course, I've already been TAKING STEPS TO STAY WELL, but this stuff caught me anyway. So I am trying to drown this junk in vitamin C & antioxidents.

I have also been introduced to Zicam. So, it has been added to the regimen.

So, on top of the tea (which now as Airborne added to it...) and the immunity smoothie, I've been drinking water, getting rest, and taking to the Zicam.

However, now Teen Boy has gotten this coldy junk. He's not as prepared as I am...and I've already told him that he will not like me by the end of today with all the stuff I'm gonna make him do & take. He doesn't like any of it...but...TOO BAD! We are getting rid of this!!

So, I have decided we are taking hold of the the chicken & noodles kick. Tonight will be chicken & noodles in the lazy cooker...but I also made some chicken noodle soup designed to help kick this crud where it counts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Lemon Herb Rainbow Chicken Noodle Soup with Green Tea

2 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
1/2 C lemon juice
80 oz chicken broth
4 C brewed green tea (yes! Green Tea)
1 C celery, chopped
1/4 sweet onion, chopped
1 C carrot, shredded
2 C finely chopped spinach or kale (or other dark leafy greens)
** other vegetables, fresh or frozen - (i.e. bell peppers - all colors, chopped; corn kernels; peas, shelled; butternut or any other squash, chopped; etc.) - the more color, the better...this is the "rainbow"
1 T salt (any)
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 T ground ginger
1/4 C parsley
3 T oregano
3 T basil
2 T thyme
2 T garlic powder
2 T cumin
1 bag whole wheat egg noodles


Pour lemon juice, chicken broth & green tea into a large pot. Bring to a boil.

Once boiling, turn heat down to mid-hi heat. Put in the shredded chicken (I put the chicken breasts in my lazy cooker in the morning so it would be cooked thru & easy to shred by the time I made the soup) into the broth.

Begin adding the vegetables plus the herbs & seasonings to the soup. Continue to let boil on mid-hi heat.

Then add the noodles. Make sure they are tender.

Begin testing the soup's broth to make sure seasonings are to your liking; adjust as necessary.

Let simmer.

Serve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This soup is PACKED with the good for you stuffs! And, it was pretty good. I toned down the amount of lemon juice...I used about 2 cups of it...and it was REALLY strong! Didn't need quite that much.

We are gonna get rid of this stuff as best & as quickly as we possibly can. I shall be a warrior thru it all!

Ruh-roh...looks like Teen Girl may have the beginnings of her fight starting. The war is on...

Zicam & soup, anyone? Stay well, my friends...

OK, that wore me out...I should go back to bed...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

2 comments :

  1. Yes, you should go back to bed and get all the rest you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, my mother never ran away from illnesses and neither do I. From her I learned to help and do what is needed to be done without fear of my getting sick. If you guys need anything, just call. This stuff is YUCKY, I know.

    ReplyDelete