Thursday, January 31, 2013

AM~Erica Continues Cooking

So anyway...

I'm really not sure what my deal has been. And I keep bringing it up...but this is super weird for me. WEIRD!!

In the midst of NOT FEELING TOO GOOD, I decided to make some seriously healing Chicken Noodle Soup. It's pretty serious stuff!

But I get this strange thing that happens to me. I start getting inspired & stuffs...and then I can't stop! I try versions of things. It's crazy! Especially since this whole 50's HOUSEWIFE THING is so weird to me. I am not a June Cleaver type...but with Pinterest & my brainy-brain tag-teaming...things happen. Things happen that make my family laugh at me since I said I couldn't be this person.

Like, making things from scratch & coming up with recipes. Wha-WHA??? What is with this madness?

I don't know either. But it happens. And I got something worked up in me that made me want to try a slightly different version of my soup.

We really enjoy eating Mexican around here. Tacos are a staple favorite. It's one of the few things that we know everyone will eat. Nachos, enchiladas & taco mac are also big hits. I think this is about the only line of things my whole family will eat together. Seriously.

Now, even though some of my family freaks out over soup...cuz they are weird...I will have issues with them trying this new version. But...I am quite happy with it!

So...wanna try to make it, too?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Cilantro Lime Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup with Green Tea


2 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast, cooked & cubed or shredded
1/2 C lime juice
80 oz chicken broth
4 C brewed green tea (yes! Green Tea)
¼ sweet onion, chopped
2 C finely chopped spinach or kale (or other dark leafy greens)
1 – 10 oz can cilantro lime Ro-Tel
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 small can whole kernel corn – no salt added, drained & rinsed
¼ bell peppers (each color – red, orange, yellow, green)
3 T ground cinnamon
¼ C cilantro
3 T parsley
3 T smoked paprika
2 T garlic powder
2 T chili powder
1 T onion powder
2 T green onion
1 bag whole wheat egg noodles


Pour lime juice, chicken broth & green tea into a large pot. Bring to a boil.

Once boiling, turn heat down to mid-hi heat. Put in the chicken into the broth.

Begin adding the vegetables plus the herbs & seasonings to the soup. Continue to let boil on mid-hi heat.

Then add the noodles. Make sure they are tender.

Begin testing the soup's broth to make sure seasonings are to your liking; adjust as necessary.

Let simmer.

Garnish with shredded cheese & tortilla chips (crushed or strips). Serve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still quite healing...but with some kick. And yet...still comfort food.

Aye-yi-yi...I think I need another bowl...

Soup's on, y'all!

(If you make it or the other soup...let me know what you think.)

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment