Wednesday, February 13, 2013

AM~Erica Has a Pondering Moment for Blogging

So anyway...

I was reading a daily devotional today, and it was about Jeremiah being told to write down what God was telling him! And it was more than just to show up in scripture...

It's Ash Wednesday, everyone! It's the beginning of the Lenten season. It's a time to ponder about our faith & how we can grow in it. I have TALKED ABOUT IT BEFORE, as well as HOW IT SHOULD BE HANDLED along with THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO FOR LENT.

Because of that, I won't discuss what I am doing or not doing or whatever during this time. I pray on it & it's between me & God. If I went all Pharisee on you, you would totally laugh at how holy I was trying to make myself sound...or how big of a victim or martyr. Any way you look at it, it would look, sound & be ridiculous!

However, I noticed in the reading of Jeremiah 30:2 (what the devotional was based on today), it talked about making sure to write down His words. It struck me. It struck me because the devotion talked about how we all have such short memories. We need to write things down to go back & remember!

Humans have this really weird way of misremembering things. The story gets mixed up, or we forget it even happened. You know...like going to the store to get a few things, but going without a list. You might remember a few things, but forget others...or just happen to remember something you "need" but really didn't. Yeah...kind of like that.

So, it made me think about my blog. I can tell you that it's something I probably could not give up at this point. Why? Well first off, my brain might explode. We can't have that, now can we? I have a whole lot rolling around in there & getting crowded. But it also allows me to share memories. I have actually gone back over past postings, and been amused at the stories I had forgotten I had told.

God wanted Jeremiah to write down His words so that people would remember! They were going thru a difficult time, and they needed to remember that so they could grow from it...as well as tell the story for history's sake, too.

Yes, there's a lot more to that story, but it's kind of what the devotion spoke to me about. It told me that I needed to just keep blogging. If you all enjoy it &/or get something from it...then...great! But I need it for me. I need it to see my growth, and to help me continue to grow as a person in my faith & in everyday life.

Plus, it will help me keep track of the memories I want to share at another time. They can be pretty amusing.

So there...something to ponder. What a beautiful start to a blessed journey we are beginning for another year...
Who's joining me?

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment