Friday, February 22, 2013

AM~Erica Has Layers

So anyway...

As today is consecutive snow day #2 around here, it probably shouldn't surprise you that I AM DOING A SNOW DAY POST. Amm-i-rite? You knew it was a-comin'...

But today is a bit different. Unlike I POSTED ABOUT YESTERDAY being all snowed in & such...today is less lazy. Today was what we were preparing to actually do for when we got snowed in.

Today, the boys went out in the snow! Well, I say it was the boys because hubby & Teen Boy went to try to shovel maybe about a foot of snow (OK...maybe only SLIGHTLY less) off the driveway. After the big initial snow yesterday, we did get a little bit more that afternoon & again that evening.

So, as I was trying to say before I interrupted myself was that hubby & Teen Boy went out to shovel the tall & thick snow off the driveway. Oh, and attempt a snowblower that we inherited, too. Lil Guy decided to go out, too...but to test out the snow, of course!

I prepped myself to go record some memories. Help out? No way...I'll take pictures of the hard work so we can always remember...
Teen Girl slowly got herself around. See, she just hates the outside. But I kind of guilted her into heading out.

Between Teen Girl "supervising" the boys, hubby, Teen Boy (and sometimes Lil Guy) shoveling, Lil Guy diving in the snow & throwing snow like a fake snowball...I got some pretty good pix:


Hubby assesses the situation

Lil Guy jumps & falls into the thick snow...


Lil Guy throwing snow at me...look at that ornery grin of his...

Hubby & Teen Boy work on the shoveling...as Lil Guy plots his next move

Lil Guy enjoying his impromptu snow fort

Ar-ar-ar (Tim Allen style)...hubby has the power

Teen Boy trying to shovel when Lil Guy plays

The wall of snow after the snow blower made it way thru...once...

Lil Guy diving into the thick snow!

Lil Guy peering thru the peep hole of his makeshift snow fort...

Teen Girl finally joins us

Teen Girl "supervises" as the boys shovel & Lil Guy still plots

Teen Girl with her makeshift gloves from Lil Guy's socks...just in case...

...of having to handle snow...

Teen Girl's momentary attempt to help shovel...that didn't last too long...

All of the events in one pic: the boys shoveling, me pictating, and Teen Girl looking on

Lil Guy got excited as he found "directive" (Wall-E reference to plant life...aka: grass)

Teen Boy about done...

...Hubby getting exhausted...

...Lil Guy cold & coated in snow..
Time to come in


And we made sure we went out like "ogres"...


That's right...we had to peel off several layers...like an onion (or an ogre) so we could rewarm back up. Those layers don't keep you very warm anymore once they are coated in snow that melts...BURRRRRRR!!!

So, speaking of onions...I came on in to put on some soup. Beef & veggies (like onions) into a big pot on the stove. I ended up adding rice since we had some to use. It did turn my soup into a stew...but it was hearty & really good for a lunch greeting after being in the snow! However...it made tons! Anyone want some beef & veggie stew with rice?




No recipe yet, folks...this was a "let's throw stuff in a pot" kind of dish.

But, speaking of food, we are gonna have a nice hearty meal of chicken & noodles...which happens to be brewing up in the lazy cooker right now! I love that comfort food. Mmmmmm...
Plus...in a smaller lazy cooker, I've got some chicken tenders going so I can work on having  my Mexi-style chicken noodle soup for tomorrow! 

With still being slightly hunkered down, and all of this hearty comfort food, and being overall pretty lazy...
This is totally MY CHANCE TO BE LIKE A BEAR!!! You know...cuz I'm totally adding more of those onion-like layers anyway... (plus...awesome sleeping weather)

OK...onto the rest of the day...of movie watching, possible fire in the fireplace, antioxidant-fortified Jesus water, chocolate, hot chocolate, hot tea...maybe even coffee...
You know...in our bunker den...

Now prepping for more possibly on Monday...hope we have time to restock the bunker...in layers...like an oger...

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment