Monday, February 25, 2013

The Kind of Berry AM~Erica Has an Allergy To

So anyway...

There is a lot of talk about things that are good for you. One of the foods with very little fluctuation of where it stands in nutrients...berries.

Now I love me some fruit...and I can pop strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc. like candy! Sweet & juicy...and also doing the body good!

However...there is a type of berry that I cannot deal with. Many of you may be shocked.

Now then, as many of you may know or have heard, the Oscars took place last night. We watched the whole thing & I really enjoyed Seth MacFarlane as the host. And I'm a sucker for the dresses & big production bits. I'm a bit cheesy like that. But I don't have Oscar parties. Maybe I will in the future... But I see where people do get dressed up & have these parties & fancy-schamcy appetizer thingys like bacon wrapped something on a stick, lovely little quiches, and super fancy crudite & fruit platters...that usually have berries.

Still not what I'm talking about...

The one berry & one of the Hollywood staples that I absolutely, positively canNOT do...

...


...


...is...

...

...

Halle Berry.

*shudder*

I'm pretty sure I just heard several of you gasp...but I don't care! I really don't.

OK...I actually think I developed an allergy. I'm serious, people! I have a Halle Berry allergy!!

People, folks & people & others...simmer down...

The allergy began slowly. I mean...my first attack hit me hard, but I didn't realize it was the possible onset of an developing allergy.


Here's how it went down...

There was a time when I enjoyed me some Halle...I looked up to her. LOVED HER! But then...things changed between us...

See, there was this time while I was preggo when I felt disgusting & super hormonal. When my hubby's folks had a swimming pool, we would go over so the family could get in during the summer. Summer...the best time to be pregnant EVER! I didn't even want to be seen in a swimsuit. I sat on the patio by the pool while the others would be in. And then this conversation somehow started:

"Who are the most attractive colored women in Hollywood?"
And the conversation between my BIL & hubby began...
Several names came up, but this particular utterance by my hubby stuck in my head:
"Oh! Halle Berry! She's HOT!"

*ahem*

Yeah...beached whale preggo wifey on the sidelines heard it. Beached whale preggo wifey felt even worse in that moment than already felt.

But I figured I was being hormonal & I tried to blow it off that my hubby was finding someone else "hot" in that moment of me feeling so...bleh...when he got me that way. *sigh* Whatever...

A few weeks later, we were back at the pool...at the in-law's...
I was back on the sidelines, feeling all beached-whale-like & disgusting.
And then this conversation somehow started:

"Who are the most attractive colored women in Hollywood?" (yes...the SAME conversation)
The conversation was happening, shockingly, between my BIL & hubby.
The same names seemed to come up. Then I heard this from my hubby:
"Oh! Halle Berry! She's HOT! Oh...but...you know who's really hot? My wife over there!"

*ahem* Too late...damage was already done.

I was no longer too fond of The Berry.

>>> Fast Forward about 7ish years >>>
I was preggo. Feeling huge, gross & super hormonal.
Sitting at dinner with the family, a conversation got started...

It is not the same one you think...THANK GOODNESS!
However, it only started with one sentence. My stepdaughter said,
"Hey Dad! Remember when you said, on the way home, that Halle Berry is HOT?"

Something in me clicked. My allergy kicked in full force, my eyes began to water & my tear ducts began to swell.

I can tell you, that it has never come up during my times of being NOT pregnant. Only times I was. Feeling gross & hormonally.

Now then...I am done being being preggo. Lil Guy is often referred to as "Our Last". But I have been scarred by my allergy to the Hot Berry. I didnt' even watch Ellen's 12 Days on THE ELLEN SHOW during the holidays due to her ongoing mascot for the year. Yep, you guessed it..."Holly Berry". Bleh...

Ellen & Holly Berry - my gag reflex just kicked in...

So, when SHE ends up on a show or something, I won't watch.

I'm sure she's a lovely person. But I know where she stands when I'm feeling the grossest of all.

My hubby laughs about it. I do not. But it really doesn't come up much anymore...still scarred...for life.

So when everyone is putting her pic of their selection of "Best Dressed at the Oscars", just note that my gagging is my allergy flaring up.

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

No comments :

Post a Comment