Saturday, February 2, 2013

AM~Erica Got Jinxed

So anyway...

Here I've been working so hard to TRY TO STAY WELL, but ended up with a little bit of YUCKY STUFF THAT TOOK OVER anyway. But I was feeling better, just a bit rundown. Mostly.

After discussing this very thing with my hubby on the phone Thursday, we talked about how good I feel, but just do an activity or 2 & then I'm completely rundown.

Now then...when I get a cold, it usually hangs on for 3-6 weeks. No matter what I do (meds, soups, rest, drinking more, ANYTHING). So since I was trying to stay on top of everything, I wondered if I usually got rundown with a cold & just never really knew it. Because I get M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E! From not seeing straight, to blowing my nose until it probably looks like Voldy's, coughing up a lung & then the other...hardcore, to full's awful! So being rundown might be in there, but I'm pretty consumed by everything else to notice. Amm-i-rite? Maybe?

So, in the last couple of weeks, I have been hitting immunity fighting big time! All while getting extra rest if needed.

Now then...Friday is my day off from social media. Many of you know that. It's my hubby's day off, too (from work, so he works in the social media break, too). Friday is OUR day! We usually do our grocery shopping, but usually try to go grab breakfast or lunch...and it's our date day while the kiddos are at school...

Now, a couple of years ago, I got hit with a yucky thing...dizziness! was on a Friday! It was horrible! But hubby took such good care of me. He even went to the store by himself. And he took me to Urgent Care. I could not move. Well...I could...just not in a straight line & being nauseous from it. Turned out to be some crazy ear infection. Yeah...weird things usually like to attach themselves to me.

After having OUR HOUSE TAKEN OVER for a while...our Fridays were very difficult. We worked stuff in...but it wasn't the same. However...we finally fully got our Friday's back about 3 weeks ago! WoooOOOOOooooooo!!!! (that's me doing the wave)

And since we finally got our Friday's fully back, we haven't been able to do a whole lot. *sigh*

Since I've been fighting this weird junky-junk, it kicked in hard last Friday. Figures. So...I slept a lot. We didn't even make it to the store. I had to muster up energy (which I haven't had a lot of) to piece together a few smaller trips thru the week. Not fun. When I took my daughter to her 2nd PLAYWRIGHT ROUNDTABLE, it's done at the famous Crown Center. Did I walk around & shop? Nope. Did I sit & have something to drink? Nope. I went to my car in the car garage...and slept. I slept at Crown Center for an hour & a half. was that bad.

So, back to Thursday's convo with the hubby. He talked about how good I sounded & I brought up I felt pretty good until a did an activity or 2...and then it wiped me out. But it was the longest I felt good...
I paused & told him that I'd hoped I didn't jinx myself...
Enter Thursday night: my glands began to swell. Are you kidding me? Ugh! They were so sore & tender. I was hoping I'd just sleep it off & be better in the morning (after some vitamin C & cough drop, of course).

When I tried to get around on Friday...oh, it was U-G-L-Y! I was totally rundown & my throat glands were so swollen. *sigh*

For the 2nd Friday in a row, I was down-&-out for the count. We got to the store, but a different location...and I was not hungry. I couldn't even get groceries in the trunk without banging my head on it. Hubby just told me I needed to be done & get in the car...I wasn't even allowed to take the groceries in.

We put the cold stuffs away...and then he made me go to bed. I had already taken an hour & a half nap that morning after the kiddos left. We had to work in a quick meeting that we HAD to do...then got home & went back to bed just before 3:30. Ummm...I slept until 9:45! I got something to drink, but wasn't with it...and went back to bed.

I slept thru the night, even. I forced myself to get up this morning so I could get ready for LIL GUY'S BASKETBALL GAME since I have to take him. I'm not I'm not missing it. But, I will be going to Urgent Care to see what the deal is. I'm still swollen. I still have no appetite. I'm still rundown. This can't be good.

Not even MY HEALING SOUPS helped!

So...let's see how this goes...and I hope to find some energy to update you all. OK?

Stay tuned...

God Bless, AM~Erica

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like you need a long vacation in Jamaica. Chris can hold down the fort here. he-he